Thread: How to present my application

Default How to present my application

Hi, I'm getting ready to send in my application for residence through partnership and I was just wondering what the best way to present my file was. Can I send it in a lever arch file with each section of evidence sub-divided? Thats my plan so far unless there anyone else who has done this before can suggest something else.

I still have some time as I'm waiting for police checks to come through but want to be organized and get this ready sooner rather than later so I can get everything sent off. Also I wanted to know if its advisable to highlight certain parts of the paperwork to make it obvious what the documents are for? I plan on explaining under each section what everything is meant to be proof of.

Thanks,

Michelle

It is fine to be organized, with a cover sheet itemizing what you're including and what it proves, and dividers, but don't put your papers into any sort of folder, sleeve, or binder. INZ ask this because such things take up so much extra room in their office, and take extra time when officials need to take out individual papers to work on. It's better to have everything in a bundle, secured with large rubber bands or similar.

Mine was for skilled migrancy, but I included a cover letter with a table of contents. I also used a numbering system and made the sure documents were in the same sequence in my "bundle".

don't bind them together in a folder. Jusdt use a bulldog clip, or loosely in a plastic slevve sleeve if that's easier. Not 10 different sleeves.

I submitted my partnership application early July 2014 to the London branch. They have a Word document with tips and tricks how they want you to send it in. It is on their website. Not sure if you use the same branch but it is worth a look on the website for your particular branch.

I have highlighted all the evidence such as address and names on papers so it speeds up what you are trying them to look at.

I used colour dividers and an index what is where for quick reference for them and then put a very big rubber band around it to keep things together.

The index looked like this:

Application forms (stating which ones)
    Application letter (not necessary but handy for them to get a mental picture of your relationship)
    Proof of citizenship (of partner) + police certificate
    Public recognition of relationship
    Proof of contact
    Joint accounts
    Proof of same address
    Tickets/ itinerary to show time spent together on holidays
    Miscellaneous (anything that shows them you are connected to NZ...I have added my NZ drivers licence and pilot licence + employment information I have had in NZ)

Hope this helps.

Dont do what I did and forget to inciude your inz 1134 forms " additional informtion " check the tips and tricks print off from the email but also refer to the original email correspondence with the links?......see my past post for what we did.......goog kuck