Thread: Qualification assessment in Skilled Migrant Category process

Default Qualification assessment in Skilled Migrant Category process

Hello,

I was looking for steps of the Skilled Migrant Category process, and I found this nice flowchart:
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40055

However, I'm still in doubt about the Qualification Assessment like:
    1 - What's the difference between PAR and IQA?
    2 - It must be done before or after EOI submit?
    3 - Do I need to have the both?
    4 - Do I need to have IELTs at this phase?

Thanks

1. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42324
    2. You don't have to do PAR at all. This can be a waste of time and money, because it can be wrong, and you need IQA afterwards to submit the full application. You have to have done one or other, though, to put the result on your EOI.
    3. No.
    4. You will need IELTS showing an average of 6.5 (if you don't have some other proof of English ability) at the time of submitting the EOI.

Thanks for the responses JandM!

This means that I can start my Quality Assessment even if I'm planning to submit my EOI on july/2015?
    If I claiming points checking Yes in "Does your partner have a recognized qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10)" (she's Architect), she must have her qualification assessed too? In this case could be just a PAR (cheaper than IQA)?

Another doubts about professional assessment related to EOI and ITA. I would be great if you could help me.

1 – In EOI form, can I claim points for my partner degree (level 7, architect) with a PAR?
    2 – On the next step (ITA), does my partner need an IQA or just the principal applicant need?
    3 – I must prove at least 6 years of experience on EOI to have 140 points (now I have 130). I'm working on area (and I can prove it) since feb/2009, 44hs/week, but my degree is from aug/2009 and my professional registration is from sep/2009. Do you know if NZQA could accept my working papers from feb/2009 or they would take my degree or registration as reference? If I can consider my work papers, I could prove "6 years or more" in feb/2015!

Thanks!

This means that I can start my Quality Assessment even if I'm planning to submit my EOI on july/2015?
    Yes, you could get it done. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31691
    If I claiming points checking Yes in "Does your partner have a recognized qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10)" (she's Architect), she must have her qualification assessed too? In this case could be just a PAR (cheaper than IQA)?
    On the same basis as a principle applicant, if the partner's qualification isn't on the list of exempt qualifications, it will have to be assessed. If an assessment is needed, it has to be IQA for the ITA, so you might as well get it done straight away.

1. Yes, you can, but it's a waste of money because you'll need IQA afterwards.
    2. IQA needed unless the qualification is on the exempt list.
    3. Work experience is normally counted from date of qualification onwards. That's not to say that some people haven't made a case in certain circumstances for some pre-qualification work to count, but such individuals usually had a big argument with a lot of angst.

Hello JandM,

Again, thank you for your answers. Things become to be clear now.

Just another one about work experience. In this case, for whom I have to prove 6 years of working? To NZQA or to INZ when I send the documentation after receive ITA? If I have to prove to NZQA, I will have to wait until august next year to have my IQA, if not I can do it now!

A certain number of years of work experience getting you points is an INZ requirement.