Thread: Shipping options for boxes and potential a bed!

Cool Shipping options for boxes and potential a bed!

Hello everyone!
    My husband and I are planning to return to New Zealand next year and although I travel light he will struggle with not bringing some of the comforts of home with him.... I think we will have several large boxes with clothes, books, bedding and cookware to go and he may want to being his bed with us too. IF we went for just the boxes what are the options for us for shipping? Sharing a container only?

Are there other options if we just took boxes and Stored the bed ?

Thank you!

Just happened to see your thread. Not sure where you are moving from. We moved from Colorado to Tauranga 3 months ago. Shipped 6 boxes, total of 30 cubic feet, with UpakWeShip by container ship. Cost US$650 plus $125 for $3500 insurance (optional) and were charged $115 by NZ customs. Dropped stuff off in Denver on May 16. It arrived here July 25th. Would like to say I was very pleased with UpakWeShip.

Sharing a container, and paying for only the volume you need, isn't too bad from the UK and is probably the most cost effective way of shipping. I would bring the bed, they are so expensive here! The only downside is waiting for a container to be filled before it gets shipped and this is often pot luck, whether you are the first or the last in. I only waited about a month for my shared container to leave.