Thread: Certified copy by Police Station ?

Question Certified copy by Police Station ?

I want to submit all my ITA documents
    from INZ website I saw JP,Lawyer, Court and Notary Public are mentioned for Certified True Copy services.
    I know NZ Police also do certified True Copy.
    Does INZ accept documents which are Certifie True Copy by NZ Headquarter Police Station (Wellington) ?
    Any suggestion for large amount of documents to Certify True Copy ?
    I have about 6 Work Contract( about 3 page each+ 3 page English translation each ) + Job Offer 3 + Pay Slip + ... all together more than 70 pages need to be signed, and I feel embarrass to ask JP since they are free of charge.

No need to be embarrassed about getting a JP to certify copies.I have used a JP a couple of times and there really is no need to feel embarrassed. You will find that libraries/citizens advice bureaus have days where a JP will sign documents and yes its totally free.A lot of JP's will sign documents etc in their own house. I have also used a solicitor and that was free too. As regards the police they usually only sign documents that involve police as they are extremely busy . See below.I have also enclosed a link to find a JP in your area

http://www.police.govt.nz/faq/can-police-officers-certify-copies-of-original-documents

http://www.jpfed.org.nz/Find+a+JP.html

I think the rather busy police would be most unimpressed if you turned up with such a large bundle of documents. They have better things to do. Why do you need so many documents certified? Try a JP, or go down to the Registrars Office at the Court. They at least get paid for doing that sort of work

Thanks for advises. I split it in 2-3 places. I Certified about 12 Docs today by CAB JP, It took less than 10 minutes. I will do the rest tomorrow.
    @Chris: Most my work Exp are not in English, I paid for Official translation and as all non Eng docs will be attached to their translation, number of pages.s will double up. and I only have one set of Eng-Translated of each. Thank you for advises.

If you are in NZ, all of this can be done free of charge at any District Court.