Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application Lodgement and Medical Update

Question Application Lodgement and Medical Update

Hi, how much time is generally taken by immigration office to update application lodgement date on one's online immigration page after submission of documents with ITA? No fee has been charged yet.

My medical certificate details have been updated but there are no medical details of my dependents on the page. Does this page shows medical certificate details of other members included in application or it shows details only for principal applicant?

Can someone share his experience?

Hi Lucky,
    your online status in regards to dates will take around one week after lodgement to change, and only the principal applicants medical will be updated on the online portal.
    regards
    Amit

And there's a well-known glitch with the INZ online system which means that, every time anyone accesses your online records for any reason, even by mistake, even nothing at all to do with medicals, the date by the medical gets altered to that day's date. So take no notice of such changes.

If it is the case then how can i get assurance that my documents have reached to INZ?

A lot of the time during processing, you won't have detailed updates. As I expect you've seen me say before, INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting). In the first stage, many applicants don't even know they have been allocated to a CO until a part of the processing had been done.

In the case of items you send in once processing has started, they will be added to your file wherever it is in the CO's work pile, and s/he won't even see them until your file progresses to the head of the queue, and it is its turn once more to be looked at, however much later that is depending on the complexity of other cases s/he is dealing with meantime.

Thanks JandM for your time and detailed comment. I do understand priorities of INZ and don't expect that type of updates from INZ. I'm asking for acknowledgement of documents at the first step and these updates can be automated through system. There is no need to inform applicants by writing individual emails.

Anyway, I called immigration regarding my query and have been informed that my application has been forwarded to London branch. May be based on the reason that I submitted my application from my homeland while on leave (that region is dealt by London branch). Or it might be to balance work load and expedite application processing. Although, I'm employed and based in Auckland with Silver Fern Experience Visa. I couldn't understand the reason behind this change. I believe that the application should be processed at Auckland branch.

I have an impression that application processing at London branch is very slow. Worried that should I request INZ to process my application at Auckland branch because I'm employed and based in Auckland?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A lot of the time during processing, you won't have detailed updates. As I expect you've seen me say before, INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting). In the first stage, many applicants don't even know they have been allocated to a CO until a part of the processing had been done.

In the case of items you send in once processing has started, they will be added to your file wherever it is in the CO's work pile, and s/he won't even see them until your file progresses to the head of the queue, and it is its turn once more to be looked at, however much later that is depending on the complexity of other cases s/he is dealing with meantime.

Worried that should I request INZ to process my application at Auckland branch because I'm employed and based in Auckland?
    I think it's worth asking, just in case as you half suspect this was based on where you sent it from. Although 1) sometimes London goes much more quickly than other places (as with all branches, it depends pretty much entirely on how many application happen to come in at once), and 2) a few months back, quite a lot of cases of NZ-based people were passed over to London to process because the NZ branches were getting snowed under, while London at that time had some slack.

Thank you JandM. I've made the request, let's see how INZ responds to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think it's worth asking, just in case as you half suspect this was based on where you sent it from. Although 1) sometimes London goes much more quickly than other places (as with all branches, it depends pretty much entirely on how many application happen to come in at once), and 2) a few months back, quite a lot of cases of NZ-based people were passed over to London to process because the NZ branches were getting snowed under, while London at that time had some slack.

you'd normally expect to get a letter acknowledging receipt and acceptance of the application, within 1-4 weeks of lodging it. Don't get obsessed by timelines of others. Your time will come, when it comes

Thanks Chris for your comment.. lodging date is still blank.
    Does immigration updates lodgement date as the date they received documents or the date case officer is assigned or any day in between?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    you'd normally expect to get a letter acknowledging receipt and acceptance of the application, within 1-4 weeks of lodging it. Don't get obsessed by timelines of others. Your time will come, when it comes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast