Thread: Need clarification on EOI

Default Need clarification on EOI

Hello to all,

I have joined this forum just today. I'm an Indian and currently working in Singapore since last 5.5 years.
    I'm planning to move to NZ and in the process of submitting my EOI. My "Pre-assessment of an international qualification" result is level 7 and awaiting the result of my wife’s qualification.

Hence, I have few clarifications.

1.Currently, my wife went back to India in May for 2nd delivery which is due this month and my 1st child is going to school in India now. They will be back to Singapore mostly in December.

I’m confused whether to submit the EOI now or later with all the details of my 2nd child. In case if I submit the EOI now, will it be difficult to update the EOI details with particulars of my 2nd child before or after the ITA is received?

2. Under EOI section H13, they have listed to mention the list of countries where the applicant has last lived in for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years. So should I mention my wife’s current residence country as India or should be mentioned as Singapore only.

3. Is it necessary to submit all the original documents for "International qualifications assessment"?

Your advice/response is highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello.

1) It's not difficult at all to add a newborn child to an EOI or ITA when it is already with INZ. You notify INZ when the birth has happened, and when you have gone through the formalities of obtaining him/her a birth certificate and passport.

INZ are very much accustomed to making necessary modifications to applications that are already being processed - many people have to notify them of changes, given the time it takes for any application to go through, such as changes of job, new qualifications obtained, and house moves, as well as the arrival of a new child to the family.

2) If your wife has ONLY been in India since May, intending to be there till December, that will be a stay of just seven months. Therefore that would not require to be mentioned, IF that is her only time in India during the last ten years. However, if she has previously lived in India for some time during these last ten years, so that this present seven months will bring her total time up to 12 months or more in India, then you need to declare it.

3) Yes. Please refer to NZQA's own guide, and see page 12. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf

Thanks JandM for your quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Hello to all,

I have joined this forum just today. I'm an Indian and currently working in Singapore since last 5.5 years.
    I'm planning to move to NZ and in the process of submitting my EOI. My "Pre-assessment of an international qualification" result is level 7 and awaiting the result of my wife’s qualification.

Hence, I have few clarifications.

1.Currently, my wife went back to India in May for 2nd delivery which is due this month and my 1st child is going to school in India now. They will be back to Singapore mostly in December.

I’m confused whether to submit the EOI now or later with all the details of my 2nd child. In case if I submit the EOI now, will it be difficult to update the EOI details with particulars of my 2nd child before or after the ITA is received?

2. Under EOI section H13, they have listed to mention the list of countries where the applicant has last lived in for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years. So should I mention my wife’s current residence country as India or should be mentioned as Singapore only.

3. Is it necessary to submit all the original documents for "International qualifications assessment"?

Your advice/response is highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Is this what you mean? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ineeoiform.htm