Thread: work visa question.

Default work visa question.

Hi ..

A friend of mine has a job offer as Assistant Herd Manager (AFM) in NZ. He said there are foreigners have been worked in that farm

As I know from INZ website,
    ISSL requirements: Dairy Cattle Farmer (Assistant Herd Manager) (121313) ANZSCO.
    Required standard for work visa applicants with an offer of employment: National Certificate in Agriculture Level 2 OR two or more years work experience relative to those criteria listed in the job description

My question. he dont have experience in dairy farm, He only got an agriculture (animal husbandry) degree and several month internship in a farm in Australia.
    is he qualified for work visa?

Hi. This is a tricky one. The degree is clearly relevant and for a work visa might be considered appropriate. Is his degree on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment? Did he do any work experience a part of this degree? The lack of experience could well prove a problem. This whole occupational area is really complex in terms of immigration. There are at least 3 different jobs at different levels that all share the same ANZSCO code. Work visas are possible for the lower levels but they don't lead to residence. Not sure if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. This is a tricky one. The degree is clearly relevant and for a work visa might be considered appropriate. Is his degree on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment? Did he do any work experience a part of this degree? The lack of experience could well prove a problem. This whole occupational area is really complex in terms of immigration. There are at least 3 different jobs at different levels that all share the same ANZSCO code. Work visas are possible for the lower levels but they don't lead to residence. Not sure if this helps.
    Thank you Karen for your reply
    His degree and university on the list
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41473.htm

I with him graduated in same faculty ( animal Husbandry faculty) but difference period. I got NZQA level 7 ( I did in 2012).
    he graduated this year (2014) so he don't obtain many experience in the real work place. his experience only internship program in local farm and farm in Australia for several months.
    The employer in NZ like him, because he has many achievements in his subject when he was student and one of the best student in university.

Work visa is his target. he would like to get temporary job in NZ (4-5 years)
    what do you think about that?

another question

Form INZ1015 (work visa) page 2
    Applications for visas based on employment.

Is it same Evidence of qualifications relevant to my job offer.
    and
    Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any
    necessary New Zealand registration requirements? ( He got a Animal husbandry degree)

"Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirements" only applies to certain professions, for which you have to register with an organization to be allowed to work as (whatever it is) in NZ. For instance, if you were a teacher, you'd have to register with the New Zealand Teachers Council, or a nurse, with the Nursing Council of New Zealand, etc., etc.. I don't THINK you have to register with anything in order to be employed in dairy farming, but you would know this better than me.

If anyone is in any doubt about whether they need registration - it's all here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30604.htm