Thread: please help need information on indefinite pr visa

Default please help need information on indefinite pr visa

HI ALL,

Need an Information !!!!

I am working in Work to residency accreditation employer visa for the past 1 year and my visa expire on jan 2016. my salary is more than 90k so what i was thinking till now is to apply for indefinite pr visa after 2 years that is 1 year from now.But situation changed as my company has out sourced our jobs to a different company and now we are worried about our job security and since i can only work for my company as per visa condition i am more worried .

So now i am planning to apply for Definite PR under SMC visa next Month assuming i get my PR by dec 2014 .

My Question is

Can i still apply for my indefinite pr visa by August 2015 though if i have PR visa less than 8 months but my overall stay in NZ will be more than 2 years including time spend in Work to residency accreditation employer visa ??

The one year and 4 months which i spend in Work to residency visa will be considered for my indefinite pr when i am in PR Visa???

Will Work to residency visa will be considered as resident visa ??

Many thanks

Hi ,

To be more precise

14 months in Work to residency accreditation employer visa + 8 months in Definite PR Visa is eligible for indefinIte PR VISA ???

I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you mean in all parts of your post. I THINK in some places where you're saying 'PR', you're meaning the first visa you get when applying under the SMC, called 'residence' now. PR is a different visa, normally only available after a minimum of two years living in NZ with Residence, the exception being if you have done your time on a WTR, AND have a salary over the stated limit.

So if I understand correctly, you're wondering if you would be able to mix the two lots of regulations. I have never heard of this happening, and I seriously doubt it is possible. INZ usually require an applicant to meet one set of regulations, to the letter. However, the only way to be certain would be to ask INZ themselves. It wouldn't be any use talking to whoever answers the phone on their helpline, because those people are just a kind of human FAQ system, working from a database, so they could only tell you what the regulations say. You would need to ask to speak to a supervisor who has knowledge about interpreting the regulations - we might almost say, bending them

Simulpost - you did mean what I thought. For when/if you ask INZ, note the present-day name of the visas.

Thanks for the reply sir..

Final question is Work to residency visa is considered as residence ???

And one more question you mean an immigration lawyer has supervisor ??

1. No, WTR is not the same as Residence. You have different rights and privileges under each of those visas.

2. No. I was suggesting you phone Immigration New Zealand. The phone will be answered by one of the people I mentioned, working from a computer data base, and they are the ones you would ask to speak to a supervisor, or someone with more knowledge.

Thanks Sir for the information and i called Immigration New Zealand and they said i cant do that way as you said rightly both are 2 different visas.

Thanks

I was afraid that was how it would be.

Here's hoping your work situation turns out all right despite your concerns. Good luck with proceeding on to Residence as soon as possible.

Thanks JandM ..

My Heart in Mouth till i get my residence

Thanks