Thread: Accounting / tax- related job market in Christchurch?

Default Accounting / tax- related job market in Christchurch?

Hi there, I'm from Singapore and am keen in settling down in New Zealand. I have an accountancy degree and a one year experience in corporate tax. Would like to find out about the job market for accounting and/or tax-related jobs in Christchurch, or New Zealand in general? I also read that it's easier to get a job when physically in New Zealand, is it so for accounting employers too? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hua View Post
    Hi there, I'm from Singapore and am keen in settling down in New Zealand. I have an accountancy degree and a one year experience in corporate tax. Would like to find out about the job market for accounting and/or tax-related jobs in Christchurch, or New Zealand in general? I also read that it's easier to get a job when physically in New Zealand, is it so for accounting employers too? Thank you!
    Greetings from your fellow countryman in Christchurch.

Yes it is better for you to come down here n apply directly. May I ask why Christchurch? Regardless we do have a pretty active group of Singaporeans n Malaysians here and we may be able to help you settle down or even use our contacts to possibly help you find an accounting related job here. R u also open to other jobs not specifically accounting or tax related?

Hi there! I like how Christchurch is accessible to the nearby getaways over the weekend, and the blend of a country and city feel you might wonder why not Auckland instead but it's quite similar to Singapore :/ and the uphills can get tedious haha! Yup, I'm open to other jobs and not just specifically accounting or tax related. How is the employment opportunity in Christchurch and more so for foreigners, like us?