Thread: question re onward flight tickets

Default question re onward flight tickets

Hi. Coming into NZ on British Passport but have two different tickets (i.e. inbound and then five months later outbound). Do I have to print off my outbound e tickets to prove I have them or will immigration accept the travel agents itinerary and eticket numbers as proof? Bit afraid in the time lapse that I might lose them.... Coming over to dip toe in with a view to settle there. Thanks!

I would think you would be fine with the travel agents itinerary and eticket number. I am fairly sure that Border Control could check this out if they needed to.

Hi, by experience I can tell you you only need a printed itinerary. They will usually want to see it. I got asked when I was over on a visitor visa and didn't provide the itinerary with my passport staight away. But that is enough for them.

you wont be able to check in for your flight to NZ (visa free) , unless you can show evidence of your outward booking. if that's all with the same airline, then the checkin agent (and consequently INZ ) will be able to see that/ best to have your outward e-ticket with you when you go to check in for your flight to NZ.

Actually, they could find the return flight but it won't be on the same record/booking (or PNR). So definitely bring a hard copy of your E TICKET confirmation: not just a flight booking, but proof that you've bought a ticket. It's very easy to book a flight and then cancel in moments later--an e-ticket shows you've paid for it. Should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    you wont be able to check in for your flight to NZ (visa free) , unless you can show evidence of your outward booking. if that's all with the same airline, then the checkin agent (and consequently INZ ) will be able to see that/ best to have your outward e-ticket with you when you go to check in for your flight to NZ.