Thread: Wording on Job offer is incorrect!

Unhappy Wording on Job offer is incorrect!

Well this has definately been one of the most stressful processes ever! We never used an agent and we have so far had a easy process. The company that offered my husband a job, informed him to go for a permanenet residency and that they would send a letter re contract for the Visa. They are obviosuly used to this. They wanted us to apply for residency because they want the family all to go together and not have a risk of him coming back if I couldnt get out quickly with the girls.

We received a letter from our case officer who has said that the contract needs to change the wording slightly. Basically they have put that he has a 'min 24 months contract' however the following line states once this project has finished there is no contractual obligation. This mean that then he doesn't have to stay with them as he is only tied to them for thr 24 month regarding the relocation fee etc.

However the case officer states that although it proves more than a min of 12 months which is what is required for a perm residency the line re no contract obligation makes it sound that after this there will be no sustainable work.

He has contacted the company to ask for clarification and we are not waiting to see if they will agree to change the wording. OR if the company would ring the case officer. Which I have to say is very helpful and supportive. He has basically said once we get this then he will process asap as this was the only thing that did not match to his checklist.

I am stressing so much....We have wanted this for so long and we have now got the family on side, the house rented and I am just waiting to hand my notice in....but I don't believe this will happen until I am sat on that plane!

Just wondered if anyone else had experieinced the same. I have a friend over there who went through the same stuff but just wondered if people have some other stories....

the contract either needs to be PERMANENT, or to be 12 months or more, with a right of renewal. 9and where there is a history of contact work)

I haven't heard of anything similar on our threads. How stressful for you! Hope it's all sorted out soon - it sounds as though the CO and employer are on your side.

For anyone reading the thread who doesn't know (which I'm sure you do), here's the important bit in the regulations. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30549.htm

Thanks guys! His company are on it and hopefully will have the right wording sent asap! It is all a bit unreal until I sit on the plane!!

Well his company have come back with some slight changes but I still think there will be problems. The have stated that if the project is extended (massive rebuild work on the coast line so likely but they have to obviosuly win tendors) then there will be future work. They have said they have never had a problem before as this wording is what they standardly put for perm residency.

So worried, I have wanted this move for so long and now we are doing it I just don't see it happening....

does your husband have a history of contract work? If its a well known company then INZ only need to be satisfied as follows: ii.employment on a contract basis where the applicant:◦has a consistent history of contract work, and
    ◦has a current contract for services, and
    ◦INZ is satisfied that such contract work is likely to be sustained

Unhappy Wording on Job Offer is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    does your husband have a history of contract work? If its a well known company then INZ only need to be satisfied as follows: ii.employment on a contract basis where the applicant:◦has a consistent history of contract work, and
    ◦has a current contract for services, and
    ◦INZ is satisfied that such contract work is likely to be sustained
    Hi, sorry only just noticed the reply! Things have been pretty hectic and so stressed recently. he doesn't have contract work he has worked for the same company for 8 years but worked on different projects. The company came back with a slight change of words and they have said that the wording has never caused problems before. Anyway they have changed the wording and we have sent the new wording to the CO who said it would be fine.

The CO told us that he has processed it last week and said he had to send it to another colleague for approval. My husband spoke to the CO today who has been really good. He said that he will see where it is as my husband job starts on the 29th october. I am just scared that it will all go to pieces now.

I don't think I have got rid of my headache for the last 6 months!!

you'll be fine. If it has now gone to 2PC and there is a job offer that INZ are aware of with a start date of 29 October, you'll find that they will move to approve it within a few weeks. You might need to keep the pressure on them when the AIP comes through and you want to get the visa labels issued.