Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting the process of SMC

Default Waiting the process of SMC

Hi, all

My partner and I are now applying SMC residence.

Here is time frame for my application

EOI submitted:07 Dec 2013
    EOI selected :12 Dec 2013
    ITA received :20 Dec 2013
    ITA submitted:1 Apr 2014 (to Henderson branch)
    CO allocation :8 Aug 2014
    CO asked some questions to my employer : 8 Aug 2014
    My boss replied to CO: 14 Aug 2014

I am waiting what happens next.
    I know the time frame is vary but so nervous and check my email so often.

Could any one please let me know how long does it take to get approved in advance or SPC from CO after s/he assigned?
    I have heard 80% of all application go to vertification again after CO allocation in Henderson branch.....

Nobody can answer your first question. Sorry. Every case is different, and the volume of work going through the office varies.

Second question. ALL cases have to go through a second-person check after the CO has decided, and before s/he notifies the applicant of the decision. This is to check for errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. So if you hear some time soon that your case is being verified or second-person checked, this is nothing out of the ordinary. And again, nobody can tell you how long that will take, because it varies with the workload in the same way as all INZ matters. We have seen everything between a few HOURS, and a few MONTHS.

Thank you JandM.

I wanted to know how long does it take to pass a case to second person after CO decide....not for my case but for other's.
    I know it varies but can expect how long I need to wait...

bad decisions can be made quickly. Good ones take a little longer!

Your CO can pass the file over for the second person check in a moment. It's what happens next that varies. In a slack time, another official can be working it immediately. If things are very busy, it will wait its turn in a date-order queue.

>ChrisMwn ChrisMwn
    Haha, totally.

>JandM
    Do you think I can get notice that my CO pass to second person check or not?

My one been 5 weeks with the second person but still have not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lily-julie View Post
    >JandM
    Do you think I can get notice that my CO pass to second person check or not?
    A CO very rarely notifies an applicant specially about this. People sometimes get to hear if they're in contact with the CO or the INZ helpline about something else, and the information is just an add-on in passing.

The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give.

Thank you, JandM!
    Now I can wait....

Hi lily-julie,

After phone call from my CO to me it took me nearly 4 weeks to take decision but my CO didn't inform me about 2nd person check. So its not compulsory that your CO to inform you that your file sent for 2nd person check.

All the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast