Thread: Partner Residency Visa Submitted - AKL Branch

Default Partner Residency Visa Submitted - AKL Branch

Hi everyone

So after many months of gathering evidence, filling out forms and getting poked & prodded for medicals, my partner's Family category partnership visa application has been submitted.

We are Sydney based, so we couriered it to the Auckland branch and know through track & trace that it arrived on 7th August.

On the processing times page for the AKL branch it seems to indicate that once applications are received (temporary ones at least), they are opened up and logged into the system, at which point you are meant to receive an email or some notice to say they have it. However, we haven't heard anything at all.

Is this unusual? Or would we only hear once we have a CO allocated? I have my partner on the case to phone them today to verify they have the application, but I guess I'm just after some reassurance.

Also, I'm getting the impression that processing times have been pretty slow of late, would that be a fair assessment? I realise this is all anecdotal and everyone's individual cases are different, but if anyone else is currently waiting for news from the AKL branch I'd be interested to hear your timeline, how long you've been waiting, etc. Since our passports are now out in the ether, and we may want to visit my family in NZ for Christmas... thats my main concern!

Ta muchly

Have you logged into the INZ website, to see if there's a mention there? I think that's usually the first anyone knows that their case is in the system.

Thanks JandM, we did that and it is indeed in the system. Happy days