Thread: Teachers please help where will i find a copy of my NQT year??

Default Teachers please help where will i find a copy of my NQT year??

Hi i have am renewing my provisional teaching certificate i have been in NZ 5 years but have been at home with my small children. Because we had so much to do when emigrating i thought i would sort out the full when i got here not realising i would stay at home for so long. Also the rules changed in 2012 you can only hold a provisional for 5 years then they will only renew it once or you have to go back to uni for a course. They want my NQt certificate which i never recieved the school has changed heads 4 times since then ! Help who would hold a copy ?????

Hi there, sorry I can not help with your problem.
    I did not find a way to PM you so just reply you here.
    Actually, I know your partner is an electronic engineer from this post:
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18534&page=3
    I am an electronic engineer too, and will go to NZ to find a job and try to stay there the next Sep. I have searched jobs from website like seek and trademe, but really limited vacancies, so I want to get some advice from another half of you , hope this will not bother you .Thanks very much!

Hi Jameschen
    You will be able to pm someone now as you now have 5 posts. You need to make 5 posts then the pm system will work for you

oh yes, I can see the PM window now, thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in NZ View Post
    Hi Jameschen
    You will be able to pm someone now as you now have 5 posts. You need to make 5 posts then the pm system will work for you

Try the HR dept. at the Local Authority where you worked
    They might not be able to re produce the certificate for you but they should be able to produce a letter that proves you did

NB any letter needs to be emailed direct from HR to NZTC - get an NZTC contact email address
    They will not accept a letter forwarded by you

Also: are you aware that NZTC can ask you for 'evidence' of your work history for the last 3 years?
    You might need to chat to them and ask for their advice