Thread: Education Qualification Question

Default Education Qualification Question

Hi All.

I have some questions about education qualification. I have Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering with Honors as well as part time MBA.
    1) do I need to go for an assessment to consider my honors for Bachelor? Will it make any difference in points by not considering honors towards my Bachelor?
    2) As I have to go through assessment for part time MBA, should I just go for honors assessment of bachelor as points for Master Qualification and bachelor honors is same?

Thanks in advance.

If you have to have any qualification assessed, you are asked to put in all the lower level ones - up to five at once, I think it is. Particularly if you're putting in a master's, they want to see your bachelor's in the same subject area. In some countries, it's possible to gain a higher degree where some small aspect of a subject would be studied in great depth, without first having a bachelor degree which would prove that the candidate has the breadth and grounding from the basics of the subject upwards.

If your bachelor's is exempt from assessment (check here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm), having honours and the master's won't make a difference to your points.

Then you need to consider what skill you are putting forward for SMC, and which of your degrees is a better match to it, IT or business administration. You will need to prove to INZ that your education qualifies you as skilled, not just show that you have a degree.

Thank you for your reply. I got your point. My undergraduate degree is exempt from assessment.

Now I am left with 135 points. Age-30 Qualification -50, Qualification in Absolute Skills Shortage - 10, Work Experience - 15, Work experience in absolute skills shortage -10, Partners master degree - 20 points.

Total : 135

Didn't understand the concept. In EOI, my qualification falls under Absolute Skills shortage but not under Long terms Skill shortage .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kundupankaj View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I got your point. My undergraduate degree is exempt from assessment.

Now I am left with 135 points. Age-30 Qualification -50, Qualification in Absolute Skills Shortage - 10, Work Experience - 15, Work experience in absolute skills shortage -10, Partners master degree - 20 points.

Total : 135

Didn't understand the concept. In EOI, my qualification falls under Absolute Skills shortage but not under Long terms Skill shortage .

Thanks
    Hi. I don't quite understand what you said about "it is in the area of Absolute Skills Shortage but not on LTSSL. They are the same thing so far as residence is concerned. If your bachelor degree matches one of the ones listed on the LTSSL under the appropriate ICT category then you meet the ciriteria - so long as you also have three years' relevant work experience, which you seem to have. With 135 points but only 10 of them in work experience in AASS, it is possble but unlikely you would get selected without a job offer.