Thread: essential skill work visa

Post essential skill work visa

Hi there,

I have applied for my essenetial skill work visa. my ANZSCO job occupation code is 261314.
    its a software tester job and its in long term skill shortage list.
    I have bachelors in COmputers science from India Kuruklshetra university(exempt from assessment) which is eqval to level 7. and I have been working in AIA New Zeland as tester from last two and half years.
    last year also i Got the essential skill work visa but at that time my residency was in progress . and it got declined this year coz immigration doubted that your contract is fixed term and there is no option for extension for you. but althiugh I had the letter form the emoployer that there is potential option to extension

any how I have applied for the viosa again. My employer have not advertised the job . so can this time also can I get the essential skill visa?
    I am bit tnsud now a days. though my IPT appeal is in progress.

and another question regards to my appeal. last week I got the email from IPT that I am your case amanger and Case officer will be allocated to your case in the due time.
    so how long it usually take to assign to officer when case manager is already assigned.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jassi13; 25th August 2014 at 04:45 PM.

I don't remember anything on any of the threads about a case of this sort. Here's hoping somebody will see your post who has information that may help.

Residency appeal could take up to 6 months before it is heard on paper.
    Were you on annual contract with AIA for the last 2 and half years? Wasn't that enough to prove that your contract employment was on going and sustainable?

your contract is fixed term and there is no option for extension for you
    Did you have the opportunity to comment on this potentially prejudicial judgement, in the light of the employer's letter?

thats y I have lodge the appeal agianst Immigration decision. I also Got one other year contract extension last week. so I am working for them from Mrch 2012 to now and my current contract will expire in Nov 2015.

But the immigration case officer want that In contrcat there should be wriitteen that there is going to be extension. my employer diid not write it coz who knows the future. so they decline the appliocatuion.

Moreover I am more concerened about my work visa now. if they dont approve it I am gonna in trouble.
    look a skilled employee ANZSCO level 1 software tester is becoming the victim of immigration polcies.

yup its fixed term . But from march 2012 they keep extending it. But CO was not ready to understand it he want that particular line in the contract(Option for extension for me)
    . thatsy I lodged the appeal under special circumstances. my skill and experience may be help me sort the residency.
    but I am more concerened for woek visa now coz somehow if they declined this I am in trouble :-(

Hi Jassi12, how was your appeal to IPT? Was it successful?

Jassi13 has not been on the forum since August of 2014, so may not see your question.