Greetings!

I am a 21 year old male from South-East Europe. New Zealand has sparkled genuine interest in my head as far as I know of myself and, while reading many facts about your beautiful country I've definitely fell in love with it! I'm pondering on whether should I eventually move to NZ because, at first sight, it seems like a dream-land to me, many facts considered(oh yes, I got addicted to your breath-taking nature). Coming from a country with 30% and rapidly growing unemployment rate, one of the biggest criminal strongholds and top five corrupt countries in the world, New Zealand really seems like a bliss.
I am not looking for a utopia, but rather an opportunity for a steady job, a moderate roof over my head, not having to live in fear of tomorrow, so that my life can be something more than a struggle for mere survival.

There is one thing that really frightens me: I've read something about an uprising of xenophobia in New Zealand, and it has turned me hopeless a little bit. :/ I would be very grateful if you fellow New Zealanders could tell me if that is true. It tickles my mind, if I move over to NZ soon, will I get stared down in the streets, will people call me names and discriminate me at work, if my children will get bullied to hell and back some day. I feel like a stranger in my own degraded country, I wouldn't want to feel like one 18,000 kilometers away all over again, that'd be too expensive.
Most importantly, let me share a little bit about myself: in two years' time I'll have a level 9 master degree in political/social management and analytics as one of the best in my generation(funny enough, universities in my country are amongst the most prized in Europe, if that's worth anything). I also have a level 4 degree in computers and I wouldn't mind doing any king of job for as long as it takes, I speak English as if it was my native language. I would have no problem integrating myself into a new society, I would look forward to it and it would be a great pleasure to embrace the local culture.

Seeing as it is too early for me to ask you fellow members for info regarding paperwork, this is a rather philosophical question. I would just like to know if there would be a place for somebody like me in New Zealand, for a moderate living.

Regarding a practical question: Would a sum of 90,000 NZD mean anything for a roof over my head? Or is it insignificant?

Thank you in advance for taking time to read this lengthy text!

PS: I want to thank JandM for helping me through with some difficulties regarding my account registration.