Thread: Changing jobs

Default Changing jobs

Hey Guys,
    I am a resident here in NZ, got the residency recently with travel conditions. I have got an opportunity for a job with better pay now.
    Was thinking of changing jobs but cannot serve any notice period for the co.

Wud this have any effect with the approved residency or anything related to it.

Please let me know guys since its a pain to not know what can be done.

Regards,
    kevin

Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Kevin

When you got Residence, did the visa stuck in your passport have any conditions (apart from travel conditions) printed on it? (Some people get the condition that they must work at the NZ job they have been offered for three months - only after they have done that can they get another Residence visa with the condition removed.) If you don't have any condition mentioned about your work, or if you had that but you have already done the time and can get the new visa without conditions, you can take any job you're offered.

As a NZ Resident (once you have no conditions except the travel ones), you have the right to work at any job, skilled or not, or start a business, or do nothing if you could afford it, or do a course of study (only you can't get a NZ government student loan till you have been resident for two years at least).

P.S. I see you were waiting for a reply. Don't forget that people who answer on the forum are just members of the public - it's not something official where there is permanent coverage. And the members here are from many different time zones, so the person who can give you the reply you need might be asleep, or working, or eating, and not see your question for a while.

Thank you for the reply..

j and m is correct. Unless you still have "Section 49 Conditions" on your residence visa, you are entirely free to do what you like in terms of employment/resignation/ job seeking/new employment. That's one of the privlidges of having residence

Thanks for the info... will keep that in mind...