Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What visa to get?????

Default What visa to get?????

Hi there,

So I have recently had a job offer for skilled employment under a future growth area (Industrial/Product Design) and I was hoping to apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa as according to my research, it was possible to get one in around 2 months and my employee was ok with waiting this long. Somehow, this doesn't seem to be true (someone said 6 to 9 months?? That's aaaages) and I am left not knowing what to do. I have read the conditions to get a temporary work visa and I don't seem to fall into this category because it's not on the shortage skills list.

Can anyone help me?
    I will go to a INZ branch and ask for advice as well, but in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas.

HEEEELP!!

ps: follow up thread: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....8&goto=newpost

Possibly Essential Skills, explained under the heading I have a job offer from a New Zealand employer, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/ Did you answer an advertisement to get your job? Or had the employer been advertising previously, do you know?

Or maybe your employer is accredited - that is, he has already got approval from INZ to recruit staff from overseas. In that case, you could apply for a WTR temporary work visa, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/

These sections of the INZ website tell you the sort of options they may recommend for you at the INZ office, so you'll feel a bit prepared, I hope.

If you are applying in London, with a job offer, then its not unheard of for your SMC application to take 8-12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you are applying in London, with a job offer, then its not unheard of for your SMC application to take 8-12 weeks.

I am applying from NZ. Got offered the job as I was here.

after further research I found out I may be able to apply to temporary work visa under the essential skills category and then submit SMC visa application at the same time.

That sounds like an excellent plan in the cirumstances.

yes, if you have an EOI selected, you may be able to leverage of that to get a work visa, possibly even as an "exception to instructions"

That is very good advice !! Thank you. Might try and submit my eoi this week as we have if filled in and enough points (180) to be selected automatically. And then keep going for the temporary one

if you have a job offer, don't claim more than 100 points. it only makes matters more difficult

You mean because there's more things to prove ? But you don't get automatically selected if you have under 150 right ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast