Thread: Electronic statements are not accepted as evidence for residence application

Default Electronic statements are not accepted as evidence for residence application

Hi all,

Thought to share my experiences with you all about my application process for residence under partnership. I sent my application to the London branch on 8 July 2014. Received acknowlegement email on 16 July 2014 and got an email from my case officer (initial assessment) on 21 August 2014. My CO is asking for proof from my partner for the month October 2013, to be sure we have been together at the same address for the entire month. After asking what she is after, she said to note that electronic statements are not acceptable as original documents for residence applications. They only accept documents which are physically sent to the address. This can catch you out as very often nowadays you get send the bills via email. Please be aware of this rule. As far as I know immigration NZ does not state this anywhere. We are lucky we have some pieces of evidence that have been sent to the address physically, as the majority of our proof is electronically (via email or bank statements). As one has to pay for every bank statement every month, we have turned it off and printed it off from the website. Little did we know that immigration NZ does not accept this method...

Hope to help others with this who might otherwise be in the same situation.

Thank you for your post.

To the experts; What are we supposed to do then?

I am a Kiwi living in london, currently supporting my Irish partner for her residence visa. We are literally days away from sending in the application.

Both of us have included print-outs of the electronic statements which are the norm these days. We have naff-all delivered paper statements. If what you say is true, this is a major kick in the teeth for our application.
    Last edited by shuffleboy; 27th August 2014 at 06:11 AM.

Hi Shuffleboy,

So sorry to hear that . It could be my case officer who is being a pain in the rear end but you might wanna find out first before applying.

All the best for your application.

This is a copy/paste from my CO's email:

"At this point, to enable you to meet my initial assessment requirements, it would be great if you could provide a couple of documents from any time in October 2013. Please note that electronic statements are not acceptable as original documents for residence applications so I will need documents which are physically sent to his address."

INZ re being pretty tuff and this may be only this case officer. Is it possible that you get from your bank an original statement with the account holder details. This could then form the cover for the other statements. Your application would not hang solely on your ban statement. presumably you have a good collection of other evidence?

We went into the branch and they printed what was effectively an online statement and then stamped and signed it to authenticate it. It was accepted by INZ.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by doreysc View Post
    We went into the branch and they printed what was effectively an online statement and then stamped and signed it to authenticate it. It was accepted by INZ.

Simon

This

In London, INZ wil usually accept electronic printouts for temporary visas, but for residence visas they require original bank statments or ones stamped by the bank as genuine. Some banks charge for this, others don't. Seme principle with utility and similar bills you intend submitting as evidence of living together. When asked nicely, most companies will send you original bills. If not, ask the mto write to you at your address to explain this - then you have a letter instead! Hope that helps.