Thread: pregnant - partnership visa/tourist visa

Default pregnant - partnership visa/tourist visa

Hello everybody,

I posted already before and hope my account is working again.
    I am currently in europe and waiting for my temporary partnerhsip work visa. My officer told me that i should get a reply soon, but that was already some weeks ago and i did not hear anything. However, the situation is I am pregnant and already in 27 th week, so I do not have too much time left for flying with the plane. I have not seen my partner the whole pregnancy and we both really want to see us before birth, he wants to be with me at birth as welll and be able to bond with the baby from the beginning. Now I dont know how much longer it will take until i get the results. Does anyone know if it is possible to come to New zealand now on a tourist visa and wait in New Zealand until i get the results and eventually give even birth on a tourist Visa? Or would that be not allowed? Because I would not do anything which would not be allowed anyway.
    I am quite desperate at the moment and would really appreciate some good ideas or experiences of someone in a similar situation.
    Thank you all!

yes its possible that you can come on tourist visa and give birth in NZ but you have to show minimum 10,000 nz dollars in you account to bear all the hospital and maternity expenses. its also depends on your husband visa conditions if he is on the two years work permit or permanent resident in NZ than he can sponsor you to bring over here then on his visa basis the delivery and all the others expenses would be free. but as you already said you have already applied for your visa and waiting for the result so I don't know whether you can apply for other visa in the same country simultaneously.

This last poster hasn't seen your previous posts that tell about your full situation, I think.

As I told you before, if you're in NZ legally, then you would not have to pay any money for your care and your baby's, because s/he would be born a NZ citizen, having a NZer father. But it's the 'legally' point that is the difficulty here.

I do SO understand your wish to share the time around the birth with your partner. It's such a shame that it depends on the workings of paperwork at INZ to make this possible.

I think you would have stress and difficulty, at least, if not refusal, trying to get into NZ as a visitor, in your situation. The basics of being a visitor are that the person has a home, job, and ties in another country, that they are going to leave NZ after a set time to go back to. It is going to be obvious to any immigration official, either getting a visitor visa application from you, or meeting you at the airport in NZ if you tried to go in as a visa waiver passenger, that you DON'T intend to leave again if you can possibly help it - there you are, pregnant to a NZ national, and with a partner-sponsored visa application under consideration, so you are an obvious risk as an overstayer, specially since any visitor visa granted now would be likely to run on into the last stage of your pregnancy when the airlines would refuse to transport you. So I'm very sorry, but I can't see that this idea would work, and it would probably bring you problems and upset if you tried it.

You say it is 'already some weeks ago' since you heard from your CO that there should soon be a decision on your visa. How long exactly is it since you had any contact with INZ? If it is - say - three weeks or more, then in your situation I would feel justified in sending a message to your CO, saying what you have said in your post here. Your pregnancy is something that means you CAN'T be patient and carry on as usual, and everyone knows you won't be able to fly for much longer. It is normal and natural that you and your partner want to see each other and be together for the birth.

I do hope your CO will treat your request sympathetically, and give you the reply you're hoping for very soon.

Thank you Roselyn and JandM for your replys. I was also not sure if it would be allowed to go on a tourist visa in my situation. Okay so since its not completely legal in my situation and could cause even more problems and stress I will not do it anyway now. Good to know that. The last time I got a reply from my officer was 3 weeks ago, but he told me that he is waiting for the second officer to complete it and that should have happened about 2 weeks ago according to him. The fact that I dont have the email address of the second officer makes it a bit more difficult. I just will write him again and really hope for the best.

Again thank you and best wishes!