Thread: Query regarding age when applying via SMC Visa

Default Query regarding age when applying via SMC Visa

Hi All,

Just a bit of a query regarding the skilled migrant category process. I am looking to apply next year and i turn 28 in July. I know the whole process can take some time, and we hope it wouldnt take two years, but if i go over the age of 30 i lose 5 points that i would have needed to get to the required 100. IF the process takes over the 2 years and i turn 30 during the application process does this mean I lose points from my application, or is it the age that you put in your EOI?

Any help appreciated!
    James

Neither - it's the age you are when you lodge your ITA that counts.

I'm a little bit confused here: are you applying with or without job offer? In the earlier case, the process would be very quick within a month or two but in the later case where the process could be more than a year, 100 points could hardly get your EOI to be selected if you look at history of EOI selection.

Thanks for the replies, that does clarify things for us.

The points would have to include a job offer as I wouldnt have enough points otherwise. So the plan is to get out there next year, secure a job and then apply for visa through SMC (with a temp working visa in the meantime so i can start work fairly quickly)

Cheers,
    James