Thread: my mum in- law residence is about to be declined

Default my mum in- law residence is about to be declined

Please help. Is anyone been in the similar situation?

Long story short: We have been asked by NZ immigration to provide INC(income tax letter from IRD) couple of times. Those letters have been requested by my husband over the phone (0800 number to IRD) and we received them by mail. Now IO(immigration Officer) saying that we faked those 3 letters and IRD confirmed that they newer issued those letters. But we did order it over the phone and received them by mail so....why IRD cannot confirm it.
    Now we got PPI letter from immigration saying: We have completed a further assessment of your character taking into account the results of our investigation and the information and comments you, provided and have concluded that you do not meet our good character requirements. This means that you are normally ineligible for a residence class visa unless the character requirements are waived......
    We have considered your information and comments regarding our concerns. However, we do not believe that the three IRD letters are genuine and have been issued by IRD. Apart from the fact that IRD does not acknowledge the letters as genuine documents, the information in these letters is different from the information on the sponsor’s income in IRD website, and no explanation had been given as to how the sponsor obtained these letters.Based on the information before us and on the balance of probabilities, we consider it more likely than not that you and your sponsor made false submissions to Immigration New Zealand.
    These is the most ridiculous situation i ever been. And we don't know how to proof that those letters has been issued by IRD..
    Is anyone been in the similar situation or have any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot

You must be very worried.

I have not ever heard on the forum of a situation like this, so I don't know that there will be anybody here who has information to share. Have you thought about consulting an immigration lawyer? I can't think how you as a private individual could argue against a public institution like the IRD.

it easy enough to create your own (husbands) logon to IRD system, and get your own printout. What does that show. Is it any different what "IRD letter" says? Have IRD perhaps sent you someone else's details by mistake? You need to very strongly refute the "prejudicial information" that INZ are stating (probably with the assistance of a lawyer or adviser)

That where the problem is. Our own printout is different to IRD, and IRD explained in those letters that they made a mistake and those letters was confirmed not genuine.

Someone from IRD done Wery poor job and for some reason they cannot confirm it and they don't have any records and copies of letters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by milashka View Post
    That where the problem is. Our own printout is different to IRD, and IRD explained in those letters that they made a mistake and those letters was confirmed not genuine.
    The 2 printouts being different, is a strange one.