Thread: Getting partner over from one of the high risk countries on IPG list...

Default Getting partner over from one of the high risk countries on IPG list...

Hi all...

My Husband is Ethiopian... and is in Ethiopia at the moment... I live and work full time in NZ.. I am a permanent resident (have been since 2010)... We are applying for him to come on a Partnership-Based Temporary Visa Application over this Christmas and also for the birth of our first child...(November 14)

His application was received in wellington on the 15th of August 2014.... He will also need to apply for a transit visa in Kenya which takes 4 weeks too... so all up we are looking at 5 months... which is way past Christmas and way past the birth as well... due to the nature of my job i will have to keep working as soon as possible after bub is born.... so i really need his help here... and he has managed to get leave from work over this period....

I suppose my main question is ... as long as the application documents are complete does immigration really keep to their word and deliver within 2 to 4 months like they say or
    Is this time frame unrealistic....?

Any experience sharing or advice would be highly appreciated....

Difficulty is that if a security check is involved, that process can be open ended. if there is previous travel to Western Counties that can cut down time period. Process Time can never be predicted or guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Difficulty is that if a security check is involved, that process can be open ended. if there is previous travel to Western Counties that can cut down time period. Process Time can never be predicted or guaranteed.
    Thank you for the advice.... not sure how to go about dealing with the fact that open ended could mean anything from months to years.... Life goes on in the meantime... and having a little baby strapped to me at work is not really a good look...

Interesting times ahead I guess....

I've replied on your other thread - not all to the purpose as you've given extra detail here - but it may help a little.

Thanks JandM[I]

I recently got this in an email from INZ....

"Thank you for your enquiry , your application and additional documents were received by Wellington branch on 25Aug 2014 and is still on managed queue once allocated correspondence will send to you."

and after sending a fax with a humble request for urgency I got...

"This letter is to advise that your Partnership-Based Visa application was received at the Immigration Profiling Branch on 01 September 2014. Your application has entered a managed queue awaiting allocation to a case officer for processing. Based on current application volumes we expect that your application will be allocated to a case officer on the 06 October 2014."

and ...

INZ is under no obligation to seek any further information in respect of this application. It is the applicant responsibility to ensure that all information, evidence and submissions that they wish to have considered in support of their application is provided when the application is made. When the application is allocated the immigration officer may determine the application on the basis of the information, evidence, and submissions that have been provided.
    INZ is only obliged to seek comment from an applicant prior to making a final decision on an application when the decision is made on the basis of any information that the applicant is not necessarily aware of and the information will or may adversely affect the outcome of their application.
    Please also note that providing false or misleading information, or withholding information, may make you ineligible for a visa."

I am trying not to read too much into it except for what is there.... we have been thorough and have included everything that we could think of... ... am trying to keep my job once the baby is here but I don't see how I can do that if I have no one to look after her... its a bit confusing... I sent all evidence from the doctor... and we have not submitted any false information and would never do so .... so why the need for that long comment about false information.

If anything they have changed the date of when they received the application and conveniently shaved off a week... Is this common practice?

the letter is an absolutely standard one, so don't worry about anything there. The date has possibly changed since they have corrected it to the date that you tendered the application, rather than the date that they accepted it for processing.
    There is also some suggestion now that IPG is to be disbanded and its work completed by ordinary INZ branches, so don't be surprised if you see some further change or re-allocation of case by October.

Thanks ChrisMwn...

Yeah I have been listening to radio about it all... leading up to this election things might change... Not sure.... Luckily my boss has kindly said that I can bring my bub to work for a 2-3 hours a day and take some work home with me. I live about 10mins from the office anyway so I might just have to start work with bub in toe 2 weeks after she is born... I hope she is a quiet baby....

Hopefully all goes well with his application.... he is leaving a choice job cause mine is better by just a fraction cause of the flexibility it provides so we can spend more time with our daughter.... but if his application takes forever he will miss out on so much and I will need to find help elsewhere with everything... trying to stay positive about it all but it is so hard sometimes...

Thanks again anyway....

Sending you good thoughts. ((()))