Thread: USA FBI reports and credit card processing

Default USA FBI reports and credit card processing

We have to take get a FBI clearance for residency and we had our fingerprints taken. Sent husband to mail them to USA and he was not clever enough to use track and trace, so I have no idea if they got there. Was mailed reputedly August 2, and it is now Aug 30th and my credit card still has not been charged, so I do not know if they got there. Anyone else have a clue on how long it should take before it gets to USA and FBI charges Credit Card. I HATE to get my fingerprints take AGAIN and next time I will personally mail them courier.

thank you

If memory serves, they charge the credit card when they actually do the processing, so they send the report shortly after you see the charges. It can take a long time though. For us it took 6-7 weeks from the time I mailed it for the charges to appear, then another 3-5 days to receive it (in Europe).

Yep, we got ours last month, but it was 4-5 weeks before they charged the card and another 3-4 weeks before we received it back in New Zealand. Don't panic, it'll get here eventually.

Thank you. I will tell the husband to hold off of getting re fingerprinted by now. We had our fingerprints taken more than Charles Manson by now. I had initially had them taken 2 x since the FBI could not read my prints, and the last go round was the 4th time. I am worried, as much of the mail coming from the USA to NZ never reached me, including my IBM retirement kick off package, which I had them mail more than 3 times, which was pure torment. Also my mother sent me some Christmas packages that never reached me. The reason for the new fingerprints is that we are going for a residency again using the SMC whilst our original residency is sitting in Wellington. We consider Wellington processing as BROKEN.