Hi everyone!

I wonder if anyone can help. My wife and I are looking to move to NZ next year and will be applying under the skilled migrant category.

I'm a property manager in residential lettings and will have 6 year experience as a property manager in July 2015 giving me the 20 work experience points I'll need to enable me to work in Auckland (hopefully with a job offer in place).

However, I started work in the real estate industry in 2007 as an estate agent before my role as a property manager in 2009. I was under the impression that the work experience would only count for the years worked in the specific role you're applying for and the one under the SMC, however I have read other threads on here which suggest that it's the work experience in that industry not necessarily the role.

So my question is, next year when I apply under the SMC can the 2 years as an estate agent be counted along with the 6 years of property management? If this is the case we won't then need to wait until July 2015 to get the 6 years experience to work in Auckland but can apply sooner.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any feedback on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

James