Thread: Clarifications required on SMC Recognised Work Experience in EOI

Post Clarifications required on SMC Recognised Work Experience in EOI

Hi All,

My qualification Bachelor of Engineering in (Electronics and Communication Engineering) which is pre assessed as level 7. This is not mentioned exactly under column 3 and 4 in LTSSL, however there is mention like "Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Network and Communication Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)".

Also, I have total of 4 years and 9 months experience in India (non-comparable labour market) and 5 years and 8 months in Singapore till date (comparable labour market) as Software Engineer, Design Lead and Assistant Manager in ICT sector.

Now I’m calming points as below.
    Identity: 25
    Recognised Qualification + absolute skill shortage: 60
    Partner Qualification: 20

My confusion is about how to claim points under recognized work experience section.

1. Does my qualification falls under LTSSL under column 3 or 4?

2. Under total number of years of recognised work experience how should I claim points? http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...experience.htm

1. Should I claim Only for the experience gained in Singapore (under comparable labour market) i.e. 4 to 6 years leading to 15 points OR
      2. Should I claim for the experience gained in Singapore (under comparable labour market)
        AND
        experience gained in India (under work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage gained in a non-comparable labour market, can claim points for work experience on their Expression of Interest) i.e. 10 years or more leading to 30 points.

3. If I could claim as per above 1.2 then Under total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage, should I claim
      2 to 6 years gained in Singapore only OR
      more than 6 years which is overall experience?

Also for any clarifications regarding the above points, should I call immigration office in New Zealand or Singapore?

Your advice/response is highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

When you say My qualification Bachelor of Engineering in (Electronics and Communication Engineering) ... is pre assessed as level 7, who has assessed it? Do you mean you found your exact qualification, from the institution that awarded it, at the date you graduated, in the List of Qualifications Exempt From Assessment? Or else, did you get an IQA done, by NZQA?

Looking at the requirements for your career on the LTSSL http://skillshortages.immigration.go...ware-engineer/, I see it states you need one of those qualifications. I see your qualification has in its title many of the same elements mentioned. If you have an IQA, what NZ qualification does it say yours is equivalent to? - that's where you can get the match.

I have not seen anyone on our threads talking about claiming for work experience which was not in a comparable labour market but was nevertheless allowed because it was in an area of absolute skills shortage for which they were qualified, so I hope someone with that experience may see your post and share their experience.

Question

JandM, Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry, was quiet busy with other thing, hence the delayed reply.

My qualification was Pre-assessed by NZQA as Level 7. The details of the Pre-assessment is as follows.

"On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework."

Based on this,
    • Will I be able to claim Bonus points for Qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage?
    • Will I be able to clam bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage?

Also, just curious if they will accept the EOI submitted based on PAR having level 7?

Thanks.

You could submit an EOI with the PAR, but to claim the bonus points, like I said above, you need an IQA from NZQA, where they state what your qualification is specifically equivalent to. When you need something in particular, you can ask them to check for that first.

PAR is only done by looking at the title of the qualification as you have written it on the forum. IQA is done by looking at all the details of what you studied, for how long, to what depth, and then they can say for certain what Level it is, and also what NZ qualification it is equivalent to. And it can turn out as being different from the kind of assumption that happened for PAR. For instance, there can be some foreign college that calls a course 'bachelor degree' when it's of the standard of a school-leaving certificate in other countries. Or it can call its course a 'certificate' when it's at the standard of a master's degree. It's that kind of thing that NZQA sorts out for foreigners applying to INZ for visas.

JandM, Thanks for the guidance.