Thread: Background check

Default Background check

Hello.

I am in the uk and currently looking to relocate to New Zealand.
    Visas and that are pretty much sorted.
    I had a job interview last week and they said I should know end of last week start of this whether I have been successful.

They have been in touch for my references and they have been emailed and received.
    They sent me the background check on Friday and asked that I fill it in, scan it, and send the original.

Here, if this ha occurred I would feel pretty confident as generally I would get a job offer on the condition the background check was fine and would start once it came through.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the process is similar in New Zealand?
    I don't want to get my hopes up.
    It's a social work job.

Thanks

It sounds very promising to me. When I recruited staff in NZ, we never did reference checksuntil after the interviews and only if we were pretty keen to employ. I can't guarantee that your potential employer works the same way, but I think it sounds very hopeful! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    It sounds very promising to me. When I recruited staff in NZ, we never did reference checksuntil after the interviews and only if we were pretty keen to employ. I can't guarantee that your potential employer works the same way, but I think it sounds very hopeful! Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    Do you have any idea roughly how long these checks take?

I guess every company is different. I liked to get them done in a few days. However, some companies rely on their HR team rather than individula managers and they might have a lot of these to do and a bit of a backlog. Try to be patient - believe me, when it comes to immigration, this is a very impotant quality, next to dogged determination!

Hi, I agree with Karen and would also be thinking that they're interested to be checking you out.
    From my experience here the checking process has been quick, assuming all is in order

Fingers crossed for you!
    Are you a field social worker or going into National Office...just being noisy as I work at National Office!

Quote Originally Posted by wellywearer View Post
    Hi, I agree with Karen and would also be thinking that they're interested to be checking you out.
    From my experience here the checking process has been quick, assuming all is in order

Fingers crossed for you!
    Are you a field social worker or going into National Office...just being noisy as I work at National Office!
    Thanks both of you. That is really fast compared to here where t can take forever!

Is national office the ministry jobs? Here our government jobs are called fold social work so I'm unsure if the terms are different!

Hi, National Office doesn't have any frontline staff and clients/users of the service don't visit. In National Office you find Advisors and people who work on the policy and projects.

Quote Originally Posted by wellywearer View Post
    Hi, National Office doesn't have any frontline staff and clients/users of the service don't visit. In National Office you find Advisors and people who work on the policy and projects.
    Ah ok, in that case it's field.