Thread: Trademe.co.nz Apartment Rent question

Default Trademe.co.nz Apartment Rent question

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help me, me and my partner have found a perfect apartment to stay in for a few weeks when we arrive, whilst we hopefully gain employment and settle down a bit, then we can move on to a more permanent apartment/house.

Trouble is because I am still in the UK, i cannot login to Trademe, would anyone be able to give the email address of the poster so i could email them please? after a few weeks searching we come across this and we genuinely really like this place and hopefully someone can help. Shall i post the link, or would someone prefer to help in private message?

Thanks

Ben

I'll be in contact

Hi.
    Trademe pictures are not always what they seem. If you are just looking for a few weeks then its not a major problem, but I wouldnt sign a lease for longer than that without seeing the property (just in case you consider it).

After looking for rentals recently, it can be quite dissapointing when the house/apartment doesnt look like it does in the picture. Pictures also don't give you any indication of any potential damp or other issues.

I'm not sure what location you are looking in, but good rentals often go VERY quick.

Thanks for your help Fern49, I received an email from Trademe this morning which allows me limited access anyway, Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Looking at those links will definitely make me more cautious, the one we have our eye on has plenty of photos inside and out, and looks genuine, but it will only be for a few weeks when we arrive anyway, then if we really like it we could see if we could stay for longer.

Thanks for all your help

'Stretching' of photos is common, especially apartments and smaller houses. Best way to tell is to look at the furniture/fittings to see if it looks a realistic size or to look at several photos of the same room (if they are displayed).

If its a good price (compared to others) and looks great in the photos- it often is too good to be true :-)
    Last edited by lou76; 3rd September 2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: sp

It's always okay to ask - everyone on the forum started out relying on someone who'd gone before being willing to answer.

True, I'm sure there will be plenty more questions on other posts anyway!