Thread: Cheap electricals (microwave, iron & vacuum cleaner)

Default Cheap electricals (microwave, iron & vacuum cleaner)

Hi
    OKay, managed to get a house, now need to buy a few things to keep us going until the container arrives. So just want things that are cheap but work . Anyone buy a microwave,iron or vacuum cleaner?

We're not bringing a washing machine so was going to see if I can bargain this one down:
    http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/ki...ceme#specs-tab

You can buy a new microwave for about $100 at Warehouse. Vacuum cleaners are expensive but Consumer.org rated the Nilfisk Parquet vacuum very well. I bought one for about $150 on sale and have been very happy with it. Sorry - can't advise you on the iron. I bought one but don't remember where. You should be able to get one on sale - at least 50-60% off at Briscoes.

I was also going to recommend looking in the Warehouse. And all stores have periodic sales, often (so have a look around in case that washing machine is on special elsewhere). Also, you're right to ask what's the best price they can do for you, wherever you see something you like the look of (not just electricals) - this is absolutely normal, causes no offence and can get you a lot off the price displayed. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43666

Quote Originally Posted by desmondo84 View Post
    We're not bringing a washing machine so was going to see if I can bargain this one down:
    http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/ki...ceme#specs-tab
    I normally use pricespy.co.nz to see what the going price is for a product. In your case it is already the lowest price by some margin so would be impressed if you get much more of a discount, but still worth asking.

Certainly would expect the others such as Harvey Norman to match the price, so you may also be able to get some savings in delivery charges, in stock etc.

BTW, do not recommend getting extended warranty, complete waste of money in NZ.

Do let us know the final price you paid.

Ian

Briscoe's has some vacuums on sale at the moment.

If you want a better microwave, Briscoe's have good deal's on Breville's this week.

What? Briscoes is having a sale at the moment?

Just a warning about The Warehouse, if you don't like waste, buying the cheapest thing they sell might not be the way to go. My experience has been that their cheap appliances really don't last more than a few weeks to a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwieagle View Post
    What? Briscoes is having a sale at the moment?

Just a warning about The Warehouse, if you don't like waste, buying the cheapest thing they sell might not be the way to go. My experience has been that their cheap appliances really don't last more than a few weeks to a couple of months.
    I agree with that, it all depends on expectations, it certainly is mostly cheap and cheerful in terms of white goods at least.

And on the few days Briscoe's doesn't have a sale, who on earth buys from there?

Also have a look in Appliance Shed for some good deals.

Briscoes only when a sale is on!