Thread: How long after the questionnaire ???

Default How long after the questionnaire ???

First of all thanx to all the forum members who are giving there time to all the queris. This forum is a great help for all the immigtants.
    I read no. of threads but i am still confuse and worried about my application. I applied under SMC. Everything was going smoothly till the verification officer send the questionair to the employer. My employer send back all the questions on 9th of aug as the officer ask him to reply before 8th aug. Also he send my time sheet and wages record on 12th aug as the employer didn't send with his first email. Officer said thanx in his reply on 13th aug after that there is no update or email.Please share your views on it.

Your CO works other cases as well as yours, so he wasn't waiting for your answers, ready to react immediately. The waiting since the replies were sent is not a sign of anything complicated about your case. Every CO works a whole allocation of cases in rotation - that is, he takes the file from the front of his queue, works everything he can at that time, then puts it to the back of the queue again, and takes the next and does the same, then the next, and so on.

So, on some date probably at the end of July, your CO was looking at your file, saw that he needed some answers from your employer, and sent to ask for that information. Until he got that information, he couldn't do anything more on your application, so the file went to the back of the queue. Your CO will not now look at that file again until it has worked its way up the queue once more, and it is again its turn to have his attention. The questionnaire and the time sheet and wages figure will have been slipped into the file wherever in the queue it was waiting when they arrived, but it won't have been taken out of its place. The CO won't look at the answers to what he asked for until your file comes to the front once more.

Nobody outside the INZ office can tell you how many cases a CO is working, as well as yours. So there is no way to know how soon it will be your file's turn to be looked at once more. Even if we knew how many cases are in the queue for his attention, we still couldn't tell how soon it would be, because if even one of those cases happens to have something complicated happening, the CO could be working on that for several days till there was nothing further to be done at that time, and that would cause a longer wait for all the rest of his allocation till it was their turn again.

Hi JandM thank you very much. I hope to get good news very soon.

Hi Rajan,
    I am in same situation as you questionaire was send to my employer in may & he answered in june after that nothing no updates or email only my advisor said verification is done & waiting for second person check so i also don`t know wht is happening

Can someone please reply to my thread character waiver..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheena028 View Post
    Can someone please reply to my thread character waiver..thanks
    The people who post on this forum are only members of the public - there's not a staff on duty. Also, members are from all round the world, on different time zones, so the person who might know something to answer you could be at work, or asleep, at the same time when you have free time at home. Anyway, I've now answered, for what it's worth, your other thread.

Hi barbie 27,

One of my close friend got his residency last week under SMC. From last 4 weeks he was with the second person check like you. But in your case i don't know why its taking that much of time. As i read on this forum "Good dicision takes time bad one can made immediately" So lets hope for the best together Cheers !!!
    Last edited by rajanku90; 17th September 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Hi Rajanku90,
    I am also worried bec its taking so long, even 1 of my friend applied after me also got it so don`t know what is happening
    as many said "Good decision takes time bad one can made immediately" but its really stressful hopefully time goes fast & we hear a good news soon