Thread: Pregnant - temporary partnership visa declined

Default Pregnant - temporary partnership visa declined

Hello everybody,

my officer is on holiday till monday, so the other case officer who was working instead of him made the decision and told me today that my visa was declined. Now I am very desperate, cause I am pregnant and he told me he does not think I will get a partnership visa, because my partner who is New Zealander was not granted a character Waiver. He could not tell me anything, what I could do in order to be able to live together with my partner. Besides a tourist visa. However, if i come on a tourist visa after the birth in europe, I will be probably just allowed to stay 5 months. I have already been end of december till end of march (4months) in new Zealand. As far as I know tourists are just allowed 9 Months all together in New Zealand and then be able to return to Ne w Zealand after further 18 months. So i am really sad, cause I just wanted to have a chance being able to live togehter with my partner as a family. But I dont know how that shall be possible if can come after the birth when the baby is old enough to fly and just stay 5 months and then go back again for another 18 months. If someone dont wants to be together with a partner anymore, a separation is bearable. But when both want to be together and just can not be because of a Visa, its almost not bearable. And for me is so unfair for us but also for my baby who can not see his father. IS there anything I could do? As i said my officer dont thinks i will get a partnership visa, because my partner did not get the character waiver. A work visa, i don t think on this anyway now, because I want to be here for the baby, and even later it would not be sure if i get is. and then there is just the tourist visa. Hope really someone knows something. Would be really highly appreciated.
    Thank you!

If you are desperate to be with your partner as a family. Come to NZ in tourist visa. Make sure you have sufficient fund to cover the birth of your child. Apply for partnership work visa in NZ. If INZ declines again, you may appeal to IPT on humanitarian ground and family ties and challenge INZ decision. And during this time you and your partner must presents all thing positive of his character and present to IPT.
    Perhaps get a local lawyer or licensed advisor to help you while you are here. This could prove to be a very difficult battle and no guarantee you will win but victory belongs to those who fight hard.