I get quite a few Private Messages asking for help and I am more than happy to give the odd snippet of advice if I can. Recently, I have had quite a few requests from people who already have a Licensed Immigration Adviser with whom they don't seem very satisfied. I don't like to turn them down, but I believe it is unprofessional of one LIA to give advice to someone already signed up with another LIA. If you are in the situation of having signed up with a LIA and possibly paid money to that person, here's what I suggest you do if you are not happy wth the service you are getitng.
1. Tell the LIA what you are unhappy about and what you would like him or her to do about it. It might simply be miscommunication.
2. Re-read the Written Agreement you will/should have signed. Is the LIA failing to do what was agreed or do you now have extra requirements?
3. Read the LIA's complaints procedure and the IAA Professional Standards 2014 - both of which should have been supplied to you with the Written Agreement. Is the LIA breaching these standards?
4. Follow the steps outlined inthe LIA's complaints procedure.
5. If all else fails, you can choose to end your relationship with that LIA in writing and you can disuss reimbursement of fees paid up front for work not carried out. (NB If you have paid up front, the funds should be kept in a separate Client Acccount until after the work is done and you have been invoiced.)
6. You can follow the complaints procedure on the IAA website http://www.iaa.govt.nz/migrant/complaints/index.asp

Remember:-
*Most LIAs that I have met are honest and hardworking.
*You don't have to have an LIA if you can manage your own application.
*We are not magicians! Much as you would like us to, we cannot necessarily speed up the process of obtaining your visa.

I hope that is helpful. Karen