Thread: Student visa

Default Student visa

Hi there, i am in newzealand for more then 3 years. I came up on student visa in engineering but i couldn't complete my course some how. I failed in last semester as well Because i am not really interested in doing engineering. I have been working in retail for almost three years. I wanted to achieve my goal in retail not in engineering. I wanted to study business management but i know immigration will ask me a lot of questions and will be hard to get a student visa in business management. For the time being i applied for visitor visa. So now i am on visitor visa, but i wanted to study business management. Can someone help me with that ? What should i do ? What do i need to apply for student visa in business management?

Sounds like you came here to work rather than study and used student visa as a backdoor. If I were an immigration officer, I would cancel your visa and send you back to where you came from, for good.

Sagarkapoor, you need to look closely at the INZ website, where the requirements for a student visa are explained. You can start with this page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hatisrequired/, and follow the links there.

My feeling is that it is the university who will have a lot of questions for you - whether you are now motivated and determined to follow through a course of study, as you have shown that you were not for the first course, and if you have the financial resources to support yourself. If the university are convinced it is worth offering you a place, it will help with INZ.