Thread: After getting Blue Sticker ... Is it OK to travel overseas ??

Default After getting Blue Sticker ... Is it OK to travel overseas ??

Hi All,

I got AIP on 9/9/2014 and I send my passport and paid Migrant Levy as well.

My question is that. I want to go to overseas for holidays.

Is it ok to travel? one of my friend told me that we have to be in New Zealand for next 180 days.

Please let me know if anyone have any idea regarding this.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by indra4d; 11th September 2014 at 12:24 PM.

Which branch you submitted.. ?

Henderson

Me too hope i get label issued before 25th as my visa expiring on 25th sep ...

the purpose of your 2 year resident visa is to enable you to travel. To qualify for your Permanent Resident Visa (which is available 2 years after the date of issue of your resident visa) in normal circumstances you need to spend 184 days (cumulative) in each of the two 12 month periods preceding the date of application for your PRV.

To amplify on what ChrisMwn said, you have two years' travel conditions issued with your Residence visa. The travel conditions are what allows you to come and go freely from NZ as many times as you like, and they're the only part of what you have just received that stops after two years. While you're inside NZ, your Residence visa allows you to stay and work there permanently.

To go on being able to travel after the travel conditions run out, you have to get a PR visa, which you can apply for when you've had Residence for at least two years, and the "184 days (cumulative) in each of the two 12 month periods preceding the date of application" he mentions is the most commonly used way of qualifying for that. (You're proving commitment to NZ.) Full details here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm