Thread: second person check

Question second person check

Hi
    I hv got e mail from my Adviser that my application is under second person check stage now and decision will be made by next 4 to 8 week.What is it means?Because my employer has sand all answers last week to CO.I am confuse plus worried about decision with finger cross.
    Anyone can tell me in detail what is second person check stage?

Thank you

This is perfectly normal, and happens with every case. After the CO has reached the decision, and before telling this to the applicant, s/he has to pass the file over to be checked by another INZ official (the 'second person') of the same or higher rank, to look for any errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. Take heart - this is the last stage of processing.

hi all,
    I have applied my residency under smc category. form the last 6 weeks when i asking my application status, I was being informed that my application is with the second person check. last Monday I called again to inz branch they told me my application is at the final stage and in the queue and waiting for second person check . I am worried and confused at this moment. can anyone give me the suggestions?

They've told you what is happening. At the moment, it's nothing - your file is waiting its turn for another INZ official, not your CO, to look it over to make sure your CO didn't make any mistakes.

Nobody likes waiting, and everybody gets tense until they know their outcome, but there isn't anything extra to worry about now, for this stage. For your health and peace of mind, breathe... Go and concentrate on something good, in the real world, that's nothing to do with INZ.

Hi jand M, I am worried because of the different informations I received from inz center. On 16 of july I asked about the update of my application, I was informed that my application has been allocated for the second person check and can take 4 to 6 weeks. After that every week when I asked for updation I been told the same thing.this week again I asked for the updation but I was informed that my application is in the queue and waiting for the allocation of the second person check? I am very confused now.what is going on.

It sounds as though the earlier reports you were given just meant that your case had been sent over to the department doing the checks. There, all the cases wait in a date-order queue until an official is free to take the next one. This last time, whoever answered you told you this more fully. It's not new or different news - it's just said in a different way.

Hi khullar roselyn,
    Don`t worry I am in the same situation as yours. My co has send the file to second person check from june but have not heard anything back from its really a stressful situation, they say it will be between 4-8 weeks but in my case its more than that though i know office may be very busy but its too stressful on my side. How much i try to do my things normally but somehow INZ doesnot get out of mind.Hopefully we hear good news soon