Thread: Residency visa refused

Default Residency visa refused

My girlfriend has recently had her residency through partnership visa refused. They do not believe the authenticity of our relationship. This is partly due to the fact that she is still married to someone else yet she has been seperated from him for over 2 years. We don't want to go on holiday (she has a holiday visa) as she can not apply for the PdD program in clinical psychology she wants to nor can she work full-time. We are lost.

Have you tried asking for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa?

Can she not apply for the phd- program and, if she gets in, apply for a student visa? Post graduate students, as far as I remember, would only pay domestic student fee anyway, so that having residency would not give her any advantage in this regard. In the meantime you can then sort out the other obstacles.

Clinical psychology is restricted in NZ to PR and citizens. This is because there are only a handful of places available per year so places go to students who are likely to return service in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Clinical psychology is restricted in NZ to PR and citizens. This is because there are only a handful of places available per year so places go to students who are likely to return service in NZ.
    Ah- that does make sense, although my youngest is about to apply for next year I didn't know that there is no competition from international students.

Sam, I'm interested in hearing more and may be able to assist. PM me when you can.(once you've done 5 posts)

Not being funny but can she divorce the previous person?

you can also fight the decision. Maybe get letters from your local MP office or any other person who it does not directly in indirectly affect. Letters from officials carry more weight as they do not have a vested interest in if the visa is granted or not.
    I am in the same position myself. my partner was refused a Student visa and a PR visa so we are trying to get a work visa under residency. you just have to jump through hoops and fight to the bitter end.