Thread: objection letters

Default objection letters

Hey people,

Its been a really stressful week so far. Me and my friend had both applied for SMC residence visa as retail managers and we both have got objection letters from INZ. I have no idea what to do now. Can anybody please suggests a list of good immigration lawyers all over in nz. I am really worried. Was not expecting this after 1 year of wait.

Thanks.

What do you mean by 'objection letter'? Is the letter telling you about potentially prejudicial information? For anyone here to say anything meaningful, you will need to tell more details.

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Hey people,

Its been a really stressful week so far. Me and my friend had both applied for SMC residence visa as retail managers and we both have got objection letters from INZ. I have no idea what to do now. Can anybody please suggests a list of good immigration lawyers all over in nz. I am really worried. Was not expecting this after 1 year of wait.

Thanks.
    Can it be because Retailing is not on the skilled shortage lists.? I did hear some months ago that government was tightening up on the lists.

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Hey people,

Thanks.

Retail Manager is not there anymore in any of the skills shortage list and therefore not in demand in NZ anymore -

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...nager-general/

It will be extremely difficult to convince Immigration NZ that you're skills are needed in NZ to get a residence visa in essence, and it won't be helpful to hire an immigration lawyer, because that's policy. Good Luck.

you are confusing temporary entry instructions and residence instructions. "Retail Manager" (which now also includes "fast food managers") is still a Skilled occupation for residence purposes. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsma...htm...Appendix 6. it is however very difficult to satisfy INZ that the role performed substansially matches that on ANZSCO. I'd suggest an urgent need to involve an Adviser of lawyer who has specific knowledge of the issues involved.

When someone has a skilled job in NZ, which is the case for the OP, that job doesn't have to be on the skill shortages list for them to apply for Residence under SMC - it just has to be on the List of Skilled Occupations. And it is. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35165.htm

Simultaneous post.

Hii
    Retail managet(General ) can apply Residency under SMC. Please check link below its just updated last month .Retail manager(General ) is in PART A skill level two list.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35165.htm

And if you find some Forum Threads You will see some people got residency last month who has applied under Retail manager..