Thread: pros and cons and any info on these areas to live in.

Default pros and cons and any info on these areas to live in.

Hi im looking at moving to Auckland.
    Just wanting feedback about these areas.are there any streets in these suburbs etc to avoid?
    Whats it like to live there.pros and cons etc..
    Titirangi
    piha
    Muriwai
    manguawai heads
    leigh

We live in Waimauku, which is close to Muriwai and where you need to turn off SH16 to get on the road down to the beach at Muriwai.

Living here can be best described as quite nice. The surrounding countryside is of green hills with wineries and fruit farms, its close enough to Auckland to commute for work and isn't as built up like the North Shore.

On the downside, most properties rely on tank water and septic tanks as the mains system is only just being extended. Internet access is much slower as Ultra Fast Broadband won't arrive for a few more years. Also, there are a lot of development happening with a major upgrade to the North Western Motorway being undertaken. There's a infant school but no senior schools yet. There are plenty of housing developments being planned and sections to suit a range of buyers but prices aren't cheap.

Hopefully, if you can afford it, then Waimauku may be for you.

Thanks.
    Yes I dont mind tank water etc.where I am living at the moment im on tank water and i dont use much water etc..
    Thanks for the feedback

Leigh: Not much available locally, just fish & chips and a dairy. Matakana is about 10-15 minutes away and has a few more options but Warkworth is the nearest town with larger supermarkets. But, Leigh is a beautiful spot if you don't mind driving 20-30 minutes to do the grocery shopping.

Mangawhai Heads: More available than in Leigh but it's a holiday town and fairly isolated.

If you look them up on Google Maps, you will see that Titirangi is closest to suburban Auckland. In fact, it's IN Auckland really. There's kindergartens, shops, primary schools, intermediate schools, high schools nearby... Obviously this depends on far "out" you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titirangi

I'm sure there are others who actually live in the area who can tell you a bit more. I just wanted to point out that the others are more "out there"/not in Auckland.

Titirangi always struck me as a quiet scenic little part of town with some charm.

I love it, and not just because my grandchildren live there.