Thread: Leaving out work experience from EOI

Default Leaving out work experience from EOI

Hi,

As suggested by Jhand, I have created a new thread.

Kindly help me out:

Is it fair (honest) not to claim any points for my previous work as they all are of international companies but now they are out of business. To avoid extra time from Immigration people to investigate that. I am planning not to claim their points in my EOI. As there is no way to put job experiences in the EOI and not claim any points for it. Or should I wait for ITA , then let the case officer know about my previous experiences and why I have not mentioned in my EOI (not claiming points for it). I have NZQA with qualifications 7 and 8.

Secondly I have a permanent job in Wellington with the title as Data Analyst which is similar to that mentioned as in skilled category as Programmer Analyst. I have asked my Boss, he is willing to provide the details when asked from Immigration about the similarity in the job description. Will immigration NZ give me the claimed points for my job under the skilled category. My points are 200 if i don't claim points for my work experience and 235 with claiming it.

What do you guys suggest

Thanks in Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tia View Post
    Hi,

As suggested by Jhand, I have created a new thread.

Kindly help me out:

Is it fair (honest) not to claim any points for my previous work as they all are of international companies but now they are out of business. To avoid extra time from Immigration people to investigate that. I am planning not to claim their points in my EOI. As there is no way to put job experiences in the EOI and not claim any points for it. Or should I wait for ITA , then let the case officer know about my previous experiences and why I have not mentioned in my EOI (not claiming points for it). I have NZQA with qualifications 7 and 8.

Secondly I have a permanent job in Wellington with the title as Data Analyst which is similar to that mentioned as in skilled category as Programmer Analyst. I have asked my Boss, he is willing to provide the details when asked from Immigration about the similarity in the job description. Will immigration NZ give me the claimed points for my job under the skilled category. My points are 200 if i don't claim points for my work experience and 235 with claiming it.

What do you guys suggest

Thanks in Advance.

Claim only the points you need to get through. If you have a job offer that's 100 only. You can leave out any work experience where you think there would be difficulty verifying the information (where the company has gone out of business.) Remember, with a job offer you can claim points for any work experience, even if it not in a comparable labour market.