Thread: Partnership Residency

Default Partnership Residency

My partner and I have been together for 2 years. We have lodged a work visa underpartnership last year which was approved in 2 days. This year we lodged our residency application which was assignment to a case officer on September 1. We again placed another work visa application as my partners visa was about to expire, that was also approved in 2 weeks..
    Is this a good sign for our residency or not as we havent herd from our case officer...

Soo confused

Please advise

It's no sign of anything that you haven't heard from the CO yet. The case being assigned to him/her just means that the file is now in a date-order queue waiting its turn for his/her attention. That person will be dealing with other people as well as you, so don't think that time passing is down to any difficulties with your case.

Giving a second partner-sponsored work visa is easy, because the checking has already been done for the first visa. INZ already accept that you have a valid partnership, so that hurdle is passed and all is good. However, more paperwork has to be done to put the partner-sponsored Residence application through, and that will take the time that it takes.