Thread: Entering NZ twice as visitor NZ-Australia-NZ

Default Entering NZ twice as visitor NZ-Australia-NZ

Hi I cannot seem to find the following information on NZ immigration website.

I am US passport holder so I won't need a visa to visit NZ up to 3 months period. During my visit, I'll be landing in Auckland, then I'll be going to Australia with my relatives. Then come back to Christchurch to spend time with my relatives. Knowing that I'll be "double" entering NZ, would that cause any issues? Will they stamp my arrival and departure twice then?

no issues. Most likely if you have a chip in your passport you will be using the e-gate so you wont get stamps anyway. At some point in the future if you cam and went a lot and started to exceed 3months in a calendar year, or they system might call you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    no issues. Most likely if you have a chip in your passport you will be using the e-gate so you wont get stamps anyway. At some point in the future if you cam and went a lot and started to exceed 3months in a calendar year, or they system might call you out.
    Thank you, another question I have, I don't know 'when' I'l be going to Australia, on the website it states that for those with visa waiver countries "means for onward travel' ie return ticket" - If I have not bought the ticket to Australia, will I have any issues while trying to enter New Zealand? Anyone experiences this?

yes, you wont be able to board your inbound flight, unless the carrier ( actually INZ's advance passenger processing system)can see details of an outward flight