Thread: Help....Need advice!

Default Help....Need advice!

Morning,
    I hope I have posted in the correct forum.
    My brother who is irish is currently living in NZ on a work visa which I think is due to expire next year.
    He has asked for help with financing a further visa and needs to pay for the immigration medical, fee for xrays and immigration officer time.
    Has anyone got any idea of costs for all these? I really dont understand it as I've never looked into immigration and as much as I love my brother I need to check figures myself.
    Many thanks in advance

immigration medical will cost around nz$250 including X-ray
    work visa fees will be $270

Quote Originally Posted by lraep View Post
    thanks so much for your response.
    Do yuou think any other costs would be incurred? May have missed other fees out in my original email.

thanks

No ..and just make sure when your brother had undergone INZ medical test last time.Probably he not need to done this time..If confused over this ring INZ and they will let u know.

He may also need a police check from Ireland - not sure of cost - it's £45 in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by lraep View Post
    I am sure Full Immigration medical including X-ray is more than NZ$250 (I am sure of South island) Doctors charge over NZ$150, x-ray is about $NZ 100 and you still need to pay for your blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpaddy View Post
    Morning,
    I hope I have posted in the correct forum.
    My brother who is irish is currently living in NZ on a work visa which I think is due to expire next year.
    He has asked for help with financing a further visa and needs to pay for the immigration medical, fee for xrays and immigration officer time.
    Has anyone got any idea of costs for all these? I really dont understand it as I've never looked into immigration and as much as I love my brother I need to check figures myself.
    Many thanks in advance
    Sorry if am playing a spoiler here. No applicant pays for immigration officer time unless you mean the application fees. You are only expected to provide immigration medical once in three years, unless it is requested specially by the case officer. Has he been on work visa for the last 36 month?

there's the visa application fee of NZ$270 for a work visa. I think your probably looking at NZ350 for the full medical, which includes medical, xray and lab tests. More if there are further or repeat test to follow. That's probably 1/2 to a 1/3 of what you'd be paying in the UK?

nearly 1000 NZD.....

Are you sure he is trying to extend a visa as opposed to applying for Residence (which is significantly more expensive!)?