Thread: Partnership based visitor visa

Default Partnership based visitor visa

Hi There,
    I got married and stay overseas for 15 days with my wife , after coming back nz we applied for partnership based visitor visa. we got visa for 9 months . she travelled to nz after 3 weeks . After one week she asked me to drop her to her aunty's place after small argument( Nothing Physical violence). I dropped her to her aunty's place from there she launch assault complaint in police against me ( which I wasn't aware of ). after two week we was sort out and she came back to family house. After one week police came to get my statement at that time I come to know that she complaint against me in police. after that when I asked her about false complaint she got angry during that time I got recorded everything but somehow she got it and delete it. she start telling me that she will go to womens refuge and put me in trouble and launch another assult complaint. I got scared as police locks up in second offence so I called police to witness but she somehow explain the police that she is in danger . so she got removed from house to womens refuge.
    Now she doesn't want to go back.
    is there any thing can be done to get out from sponsorship?
    What are my rights?
    I am under stress as she is accumulating medical expense. at the moment I have insurance for three months.
    I called immigration but under privacy act they are not disclosing anything about the visa update.

This could potentially build up to a very bad situation for you, and I think you need to get legal advice. As a first step, you could contact Citizen's Advice.

Thx