Thread: Assignment to case officer

Default Assignment to case officer

Hi, it has been one month since I have applied for my resident visa under SMC at wellington branch.

I haven't got any update on that whether a case officer is assigned or not.

Will I be notified about the case officer assignment? or does it depends upon the case officer to inform or not?
    What is the member's experience at the wellington branch? Were they used to be notified?

INZ/CO will inform you once they have an allocation for your case.
    You need to be patient, it might at times take some time before a CO gets allocated.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by njrfrens View Post
    Hi, it has been one month since I have applied for my resident visa under SMC at wellington branch.

I haven't got any update on that whether a case officer is assigned or not.

Will I be notified about the case officer assignment? or does it depends upon the case officer to inform or not?
    What is the member's experience at the wellington branch? Were they used to be notified?

I'm sure you're speaking from your experience, rv1103, but there are a lot of people who don't get notified that they have a CO. I think it must be the individual CO's decision, to get in touch or not.

Yes JandM, that is correct, based on my experience and from my friends as well.
    However, if CO's doesn't get in touch based on the decision, i stand corrected. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm sure you're speaking from your experience, rv1103, but there are a lot of people who don't get notified that they have a CO. I think it must be the individual CO's decision, to get in touch or not.

One can always call INZ to find out if the CO has been assigned.

I applied for residency in august 2014 through wellington branch.

Got my CO assigned two days ago on 29 sep.
    CO did not contact us.

But we did get a email from immigration stating that our application status has changed. I checked online the online thing that was changed was we got a lodgement date.

I called immigration about the email, it was then i was told CO has been assigned to me.

That means all the CO do not contact you.

Coz for me my CO still hasn't made a contact.

for Wellington, currently I'd be expecting 6-8 weeks in the "managed queue", assuming there is a job offer included. Most Case officers wont contact you until they need something. The wonderful thing about Wellington branch is that they are just so variable in the length of time it takes to process their cases.

We applied in July and CO has not been appointed yet. Wellington branch is too slow!!!

I have several clients whose application went into Henderso nin July (including a job offer) and they have not yet been assigned a case officer. Another, almost identical one lodged only two weeks earlier was approved 6 weeks ago!

I also lodged my application on 1st of July 2014, but have not been assigned a case officer yet. It is in Christchurch branch.
    In my case, the letter said CO will be assigned within 4 months, so hopefully next month.

I dont know how long will take to to the final decision even after assigned. Because website did not mention about processing time after assigned to the final decision...
    How can we wait without knowing the processing time after CO... ?