Thread: Requirements for a Permanent Resident Visa

Default Requirements for a Permanent Resident Visa

I got my resident visa in Jan 2014 and activated it sometime in May 2014. I have flown to NZ and stayed there for a week before I returned to Singapore. I would be returning to NZ in Nov/Dec and would stay there for 2 years before applying for Permanent Resident. I am currently looking at the following 2 commitments to New Zealand so as to meet the requirements for a Permanent Resident Visa. However, I have a few questions to ask. I hope that you can help.

(1) Established or purchased the business operating in New Zealand
    Qn: Does franchising a 30K business consider as establishing/purchasing a business in NZ? For a start, I will manage the franchised business.

(2) Own a minimum 25 percent shareholding in an existing business in New Zealand
    Qn: What is the minimum amount that I need to invest in that 25 percent shareholding in order to meet the requirements for a PR visa?

Thank you.

Hi
    did u manage to get details on ur question. I too want to know more about this fourth option - Business in New Zealand requirement for PR.

Is there any minimum investment amount mentioned anywhere?

##have established or purchased the business operating in New Zealand, or
    ##own a minimum 25 percent shareholding in an existing business in New Zealand

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30505.htm are the regulations about qualifying for PR, under the various headings.

many thanks JandM.

I went through this link but still it doesn't talk about any amount. for example, will 25K NZD investment in business also qualify under this head?

What I have linked to is all the publicly available information there is. What we now need is for there to be someone who may have used this route who can say what the INZ officials actually required. Or one of the Licensed Immigration Advisers on the forum (Karen Phillips or ChrisMwn) may be able to help.

while browsing through several questions on this forum - I found this relevant response from Karen on establishing business in NZ or buying shares in existing business.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43120

this is dated Feb 2013. any further info shall help.

So I'll copy over the extra detail that she gave: -

It would probably be worth talking to someone in the Business Migration Branch about a specific business and how much they need to be contributing to be deemed "successful" before you buy your 25%. The number is Phone 0508 558 855 or Fax +64 4 801 2928