Thread: Sponsoring girlfriend but what if I marry someone else in future.

Default Sponsoring girlfriend but what if I marry someone else in future.

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and read many post so far and gathered very precious information so far about sponsoring my girlfriend so that she can get work visa however there is one question that I could not find an answer for - also please don't be judgemental on my question -

What if I sponsor my girlfriend now and she does get her work visa approved as I have been with her for more than 1 year but still you never know about the future and things don't turn out to be fancy. Will this effect in future? Will I be able to sponsor anyone again? I read somewhere that you cannot sponsor anyone for next 5 years but that's for granting resident visa application nothing mention that if you have ever sponsored anyone for work visa in last 5 yrs.
    what if I marry someone else, will there be any issue ?
    Please advise your suggestions.

Thanks

If your girlfriend successfully gets 'residency' based on partnership, then you cannot sponsor another partner from overseas for the next 5 years in the event that your relationship breaks down. There is no restriction, however, on the number of people you can sponsor for a partnership based 'work visa' as long as your relationship is genuine and you meet the criteria for the grant. I had the same question sometime ago and called up immigration and this is what I was told.
    Last edited by dreammerchant; 4th October 2014 at 09:08 PM.