Thread: Residence visa under partnership category HELP !!

Lightbulb Residence visa under partnership category HELP !!

Hi there

My husband (whom is from Morocco) and is living here with me in NZ (Has been for the last 2.5 years) has applied for residency under the partnership category.
    We have had our immigration officer come back last week requesting more evidence on top of all the evidence we supplied in the first round.

Our first lot of evidence we supplied was:
    Marriage certificate (made in morocco)
    Renewal Ceremony certificate (made in NZ) and signed along side of a marriage celebrant/justice of the peace
    Letters from Friends and family (immediate only)
    photographs together in NZ and morocco
    Trips we have done together (i.e Queenstown last year)
    joint bank accounts with all our addresses in NZ
    Joint utility statements ie: power and sky tv
    joint tenancy agreements.
    letter from myself
    letter from his work (he is also under the skills shortage list in nz)
    passport stamps with my travels in morocco

The second lot of evidence i am supplying to her now is

extra letters from family and friends
    evidence letter we were living in the same home in morocco (family home) provided by the authorities
    letters from all 3 of our previous and current landlords stating our living arrangements here in nz
    more photos
    more utility statements.

is there anything else i may be able to include here? i feel like we have covered most of everything. Has anyone else had a similar experience ??

Might also be good to note we live in Auckland and have been living together for 3.5 years (Morocco and NZ) Total.
    Married for 2.5 years .

I suggest you include anything you have to hand showing that you are still living together during these last weeks/months while the application for Residence has been being dealt with. It is very common for the CO to ask for some more evidence right at the end of the process - it's INZ's safeguard against issuing Residence to someone if their partnership has actually just broken up.

hi @JandM . Thanks for your response ill def grab alot more evidence since the time of lodging the residency application. Your reply has made me feel a bit more at ease. Has this been your own experience in the past? if so, how long till you had a final answer did you wait?

This is not something that applied to me, but it has happened to most of the people going for a partner-sponsored visa.