Thread: Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa

Default Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa

Dear Sir/Madam

in regards to Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa,i read on the website that "An offer of employment in an occupation included as a skill level one, two or three occupation in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) may be considered skilled employment" however i a Bank Officer and experience gained more towards loans/lending division.

i note bank officer does not fall in this category however based on my qualification the experience i have gained is relevant. Request advise if there is anywhere i am still eligible for this visa? What alternative option i have to continue to work and live in NZ?

Looking forward to your early response.

Hi. From what you have said, you are not going to be eligible for either the Silver Fern Work Experience visa or any other residence visa on the basis of your job because it is Skill Level 4. You might possibly be eligible for an Essential Skils Work visa so long as you have at least three years' experience, but it would be very hard for the employer to prove they had advertised the job properly, registerd the vacancy with WINZ and been unable to find anyone suitable. Have you looked at other related occupations e.g. financial adviser? I don't know your qualifications and experience. I assume you have been using this tool to help http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/. I find it very useful. The only other possibility is to look at takng a one year Graduate or Post-Graduate Diploma programme in NZ. I hope that helps. Karen