Thread: Partnership Temporary Visa assistance

Default Partnership Temporary Visa assistance

Hi All,

I have been perusing this forum for a number of months now and I have found some incredibly useful information. I do still have some questions that I am hoping a few folks could pitch in for. I was given PR at the beginning this year and moved to New Zealand several weeks ago. Now my partner of 3 years will be joining me here shortly. Now I understand that there are 2 options for us to apply under partnership category, we have chosen the temporary partnership visa due to two main reasons. 1) I have only recently moved to the country and 2) my partner has been working over seas for a number of months and as such we have not been living together for a full 12 months before we apply for the visa. My main concern comes to supplying evidence for the temporary partnership visa.

What I have thus far is:
    - Statements from family and friends (+/- 50 people)
    - Social media contact
    - Whatsapp, texting, BBM, email communications we have held over the years
    - Dozens of pages of photos of us taken over the years
    - Statements from the home owners where we stayed together before I moved over to New Zealand

Now being the paranoid type I am always scared that this is not enough, unfortunately we did not have joint accounts or rental agreements or other items of such nature (only common for couples to get after marriage in South Africa). What else could possibly be used as evidence in this instance. I am aware that this type of Visa has been discussed several times on this forum I am simply looking for any information that would be more applicable to my situation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Mail addressed to each of you at the place where you both lived, particularly from any official organizations such as banks or government departments. Were you named as each other's next of kin anywhere? - get them to print it off, if so. Did the doctor have you each registered at that shared address? Have you got records of payments from each of you (even from separate accounts) paying for items or services that were for you both?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Mail addressed to each of you at the place where you both lived, particularly from any official organizations such as banks or government departments. Were you named as each other's next of kin anywhere? - get them to print it off, if so. Did the doctor have you each registered at that shared address? Have you got records of payments from each of you (even from separate accounts) paying for items or services that were for you both?
    Hi JandM,

Thanks for the reply.

Proof of address from banks and accounts we do have separately, also the doctors and pharmacies have us on separate files but at the same address. With regards to next of kin I will contact the different companies and see what I can gather. The only thing is we did not make dual payments unfortunately.

Are you named drivers on each other's car insurance? Beneficiaries of life insurance? Do you belong to clubs or teams that have each of you registered to your address?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Are you named drivers on each other's car insurance? Beneficiaries of life insurance? Do you belong to clubs or teams that have each of you registered to your address?
    I did find one or two different accounts where each is nominated as a beneficiary, a few more next of kin letters were found as well. What makes things a little difficult is the fact that my partner was studying full time during a large portion of our relationship which means that most accounts or contracts were signed in my name. Hence why we are doing the temp visa first which will give us time to accumulate the appropriate documentation to show a committed relationship here in New Zealand. Thanks for your responses though it has given us a few ideas we did not initially think of.